Friday, April 06, 2007

Shuffle Meme

OK, for this web meme, get your iPod or equivalent mp3 player, set it to shuffle, and answer these questions in order with the song that comes up.

How does the world see me?
Arcade Fire, "No Cars Go"

I'm apparently a place inaccessible by most vehicles. Maybe I'm a mountain!

Will I have a happy life?
Jane's Addiction, "Been Caught Stealing"

I guess I'm going to prison for fraud.

What do my friends really think of me?
The Sword, "Freya"

I wait in Valhalla for the souls of warriors slain in battle? Is that a metaphor for being a shoulder to cry on?

Do people secretly lust after me?
Beck, "The New Pollution"

Only women who like their men dirty. Grrowwwl.

How can I make myself happy?
Luca Turilli, "Black Dragon"

I have to get in touch with my draconic heritage and fight evil. Great--apparently I'm Eragon. :-(

What should I do with my life?
Les Miserables soundtrack, "Confrontation"

I need to have a dramatic confrontation with my nemesis. Am I Jean Valjean or Inspector Javert in this equation?

Will I ever have children?
Oasis, "Wonderwall"

I am, and they're apparently going to save me from depression.

What is some good advice for me?
Coheed and Cambria, "Devil in Jersey City"

Don't pick fights in Jersey City. Good advice for anyone who isn't one of the Sopranos, really.

How will I be remembered?
Dimmu Borgir, "Nocturnal Fear"

Can't get any plainer than that. My ancient Mesopotamian gods will give everyone nightmares.

What is my signature dance song?
HIM, "Your Sweet 666"

A goth metal love song. I guess that does sum me up fairly succinctly.

What do I think my current theme song is?
The Arrogant Worms, "Sam, the Guy from 'Quincy'"

'Cause I won't stop beating (or in this case, exhuming) dead horses!

What song will play at my funeral?
Rhapsody of Fire, "Emerald Sword"

Clearly there is too much epic and symphonic metal on my iPod. But, Vikings have the best funeral rites!

What type of women do I like?
MC Hawking, "Fuck the Creationists"

Well, I certainly don't like ignorant or overly credulous women, that's for sure. I assume that the F-word here is being used as a dismissal, not an invitation to sexual intercourse.

What is my day going to be like?
Gin Blossoms, "Follow You Down"

It's a crap shoot.