Thursday, April 05, 2007

Coke and Ashes

Back in the early 90s, as part of No Cure for Cancer, the rant that launched his career, comedian Denis Leary mentioned a certain Rolling Stones guitarist:

I was reading an interview with Keith Richards in a magazine and in the interview Keith Richards intimated that kids should not do drugs. Keith Richards! Says that kids should not do drugs! Keith, we can't do any more drugs because you already fucking did them all, alright! There's none left! We have to wait 'till you die and smoke your ashes! Jesus Christ! Talk about the pot and the fuckin' kettle.



Then my friend ER sends me a link to this story:

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.


Rolling Stoned? Broilling Stones? Puns fail me...

UPDATE: Keith was just kidding.